Hi wonderful people! Today I have something fun and different :) I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Lauren from LaChanna.com. I met her at the We Heart Fashion event and I think it's so sweet of her to nominate me :)
You have probably heard of the Liebster award before, but if you haven't: it's basically an award/nomination with which you can't really win anything but it's more for getting to know the person behind the blog a little better. So here we go !
The rules of this game are :
- State which blogger nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions they asked you
- Describe 11 facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 other bloggers who will then answer your personal questions
- Let your nominator know your post is online and let those bloggers know they are nominated :)
Phfew, okay, easy! So let's jump into the questions Lauren asked me !
(I translated them from Dutch to English by the way :))
1. Describe yourself in 5 words
Spontaneous, caring, stubborn, emotional and a little goofy ;)
2. Describe your blog in 5 words
Personal, upbeat, refreshing, fashionable and inspiring (or so I hope !!)
3. What makes your blog different from all the other blogs out there?
Honestly, I don't really know. I'm just very much myself; in my writing as well as in my outfits and photography. I guess that makes my blog unique :) It's all me baby ! LOL
4. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I'm actually blogging for 5 months already. It probably doesn't sound very long but for me it still feels like I just started, I'm still as excited ! I started because of two reasons mostly. I wanted to share one of my passions (fashion, doh) with a wider audience and I wanted a platform to practice my (English) writing. My blog combines both!
5. Which 5 blogs do you follow the most right now?
There are obviously more than five since I'm quite the blog-junkie, but these blogs always lift my mood:
queenofjetlags.com, nathalie-kemna.nl, we-heart-fashion.com, trineswardrobe.dk and lizzyvdligt.com
6. How does a regular day in your life look like?
My days are never the same! But I often have class during the day and I always try to plan some fun stuff around that, such as going for drinks and/or shooting an outfit with a friend :) And then it's just some uni work, blogging and watching series! Oh and walking my lovely doggie as well, whenever I have time :) I really want to get back into working out as well, but I've just been a little bit too busy lately.
I often go thriftshopping with my mom when I have a day off, or I just chill at home making smoothies all day :)
7. What is your favourite fashion item?
Definitely my black leather jacket from Zara. I wear it all the time, it goes with everything and the quality is so nice!
8. What is your favourite beauty item?
Two of my sweet friends gave me a Mac lipstick (a pink one, All Fired Up) for my birthday and I just love how long-lasting it is. The pigmentation is gorgeous!
9. If you could pick out an item for free, what would it be ?
That's a difficult one. I think I'd go for a camera of my own. I'm using my dad's right now which I'm incredibly grateful for, but it has a zoomlens and there are just better lenses out there for fashionblogging. Also it's just way more practical to have one on my own haha. But what can I say, poor student eh ;)
10. How does your life look like in 5 years?
I'm really glad I have no single clue! Oh how boring life would be if we know what the future holds for us :) Of course I hope to have my degree and my own place, but other than that.... we'll see what happens ! I definitely hope I'm able to take you guys on that ride though, that's the plan anyways !
11. What do you want to achieve with your blog ?
I don't have a set goal or anything. My blog is a big hobby of mine but I think it'll stay that way, at least for now. And I'm completely fine with that! Of course I hope to attend some more events and get into contact with more like-minded bloggers, but that's purely from a personal point of view :) I just hope to be able to continue with my blog for a long, looooong time and that other people will appreciate that as well!
11 Facts About Me ... (you sure you want to know all this ? ;))
1. I'd choose my dog over a guy any time. No doubt.
2. I used to have quite bad skin when I was a teenager and it resulted in me having a lot of acne scars. I went to a skin-therapist for it and she helped me a great deal. I'm so happy with how my skin looks now, the difference is like day and night.
3. I work in a small lunch-room during the weekends, which is great fun :)
4. I can be just as happy (and sometimes even happier) watching a movie with good snacks than going out clubbing.
5. I cannot eat gum for the life of me. The texture makes me throw up. Charming right ?!
6. I've never done anything 'crazy' with my hair. I really hope to change that soon though. No worries, no bald heads or pitch-black locks. My mom would have a heart-attack.
7. I'm always quite self-conscious about what I wear, even though I always like my outfits.
8. Every winter I suffer from the winter blues. I always try to prepare myself for it but that never works, I just get so inert and sometimes even sad or moody. Go figure that I'm super happy now, with the sun out :D
9. I love, love, loveee meeting new people. I always feel so refreshed after a conversation with someone I didn't know before.
10. I am a very strange reader. One moment I can be completely into a series, and the other moment I don't touch books for weeks.
11. No matter how excited I am about studying in Canada for a semester, I'm also a little scared. There's a lot of responsibility to handle and I know I can do that, but still! Haha :)
Alright, sick of me yet? Time to nominate others ! I picked these people because I follow them religiously and I always see them coming back to my blog too. Spreading the love! My nominees for this award are....
1. Sara from This Is Not Another Blog
2. Naomi from Little Keys To Happiness
3. Claudia from Beauty Behind Clouds
4. Tessa from Raspberry And Ripped Jeans
5. Charlotte from Ordaining Serendipity
The questions... either in English or Dutch, you pick :) I mixed some of my own with some of Lauren's !
1. Describe yourself in 5 words / Omschrijf jezelf in 5 woorden
2. Why did you start blogging? / Waarom ben je begonnen met bloggen?
3. What is it that makes your blog unique? / Wat maakt jouw blog uniek?
4. What is most characteristic of your style? / Wat is nou echt jóuw stijl?
5. How does a regular day in your life look like? / Hoe ziet een dag in jouw dagelijks leven eruit?
6. If you could hop on a plane right now, what would your destination be? / Als je nu op een vliegtuig zou kunnen stappen, waar zou je dan heen gaan?
7. What 5 blogs do you follow the most right now? / Welke 5 blogs volg jijzelf op dit moment fanatiek?
8. What is the number one fashionitem on your wishlist? / Welk fashionitem staat er bovenaan je wishlist?
9. What is your life motto? / Wat is jouw levensmotto?
10. What would you like to achieve with your blog? / Wat zou je graag willen bereiken met je blog?
11. How do you hope your life looks like in 10 years? / Hoe hoop je dat je leven eruit ziet over 10 jaar?
Good luck to the nominees ! x